Am I being too sensitive? I am SOOO fed up with his jokes!

My husband takes a shot at me and our marriage at every opportunity. He thinks he is being funny, and if I ever say anything about it he calls me "too sensitive" or "insecure" or "unable to take a joke".
The jokes he makes are like:
I am married, my life is over anyways
I don't have fun, I am married
Hell sounds like a great place compared to marriage
I don't need to worry about letting myself go, I am married
What the f*** do I care, I am married
It is all downhill now because I am married
And the list could go on and on. He says it in a joking tone (sometimes more than others), but I am so fed up with it and my feelings really do get hurt by his "jokes". But every time I have brought up (in a non-attacking way) that it hurts my feelings he just gets upset and says I don't understand his sense of humor. That they are jokes and I must be sensitive and insecure.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 AM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• I dont understand it either but my hubby does it every so often and ive heard my father say it to my sm and my mom before the divorce. I think its probably just a guy thing. So try to just remember men think they are funny when they are not at all funny.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:57 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Yes you are sensitive. They are only JOKES! Men have been joking like this for YEARS!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:52 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• i punch him...i let my hubby go to the bar and hang out with his friends....cant wait til im 21 and can do it so he knows he knows how it feels....lol....i mean just becuase ur married doesnt mean ur life is over and even joking around its wrong of him to say it
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 7:55 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• It's just joking...your hurting your hubby's feelings by being too sensitive. Let it go or make jokes of your own to counter his....
    SoKamele

Answer by SoKamele at 8:09 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• my husband wouldnt talk like that......os i cant relate.

but if it hurts you......tell him someties you want to be reminded how much marriage does mean to him , not how chained he feels
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 9:55 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Yes he may be joking, but if it is seriously hurting your feelings, then he isn't being "sensitive" enough.. Jokes are fine.. Emotionally hurting the one you love is not..
    Mad_Hexer

Answer by Mad_Hexer at 10:33 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• My ex used to make, what he called jokes all the time that weren't ever funny to ant one but him. He would also say I was being to sensitive. Notice that he is an ex..

My wonderful hubby never says anything like that. We have both said something about the old ball and chain, but I think it has been said may 4 times in 7 years together. If you are happy being married, you don't make comments like that.
    kerijeanbean

Answer by kerijeanbean at 1:08 AM on Jul. 14, 2009