OMGOSH Plz help!

I have been up all night with a teething 6 month old. I have done EVERYTHING I know to do to help him and nothing is soothing him. He won't even keep his binky in and he has to have it to sleep. I have gave him motrin, teething tablets, let him chew on EVERYTHING, gave him bites of popsicle, gave him teething ring, wash cloth, and even gave him my FIL old leather wallet to chew on (he chews on this the best) Anything i can do to help him feel better and sleep better?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:55 AM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well i have to tell you my DD wants nothing to do with her Binky if her mouth is hurting the sucking puts to much pressure on there gums and makes it hurt worse so when I know her teeth are bothering her i just take the Binky and put it out of sight. I know this is gonna sound weird but it works put your little one in his high chair and give him a frozen ravioli it numbs there whole mouth and he will calm right down and maybe fall asleep. just let him go to town on the ravioli.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 7:01 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• We also used a baby toothbrush with a little water on his gums, about half an hour after the baby tylenol kicked in. we just brushed it softly for a minute or so where the teeth were coming in, and they popped up the next evening - the toothbrush increased blood flow to the area.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 8:05 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Is it possible it's not just teething? Maybe an infection or something on top of teething?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• my friend had the same problem last week and it turned out to be an ear infection!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 10:16 AM on Jul. 13, 2009