• In the Spotlight:

Does the color yellow make a baby cry?

I remember reading a long time ago that a baby's room should not be yellow. Something about the color makes them cry. Has anyone else heard this? Is this an old wives tale?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• this is what yellow does...Cheerful sunny yellow is an attention getter. While it is considered an optimistic color, people lose their tempers more often in yellow rooms, and babies will cry more. It is the most difficult color for the eye to take in, so it can be overpowering if overused. Yellow enhances concentration, hence its use for legal pads. It also speeds metabolism.

I love studying color
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 8:22 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• My children "slept like babies" in their pale yellow nursery (the theme was "Over The Moon" so there was a lot of shades of blue to offset the yellow), we have since changed the color of nursery (as it's now my husband's office) and now, my formal living room and library are pale yellow--I guess to increase metabolism and concentration those were good choices!! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:34 AM on Jul. 13, 2009