Has anyone ever read their child a book called "B is for Beer" by Tom Robbins?

I got incredibally chewed out by some of my friends, who are parents, for letting dad read this book to my 7 year old. I know it sounds like a bad book, but it's actually a book a explaining why it's not OK for kids to drink beer & why it is ok for Adults to drink beer. It's funny, & a lot of it rang true to me, and had some good advice for parents on how to talk to your kids about alcohol. The book has a beer fairy in it, & explains to the child in the book how beer came to be from the eqyptians. It is geared towards children, but it is also a good read for Adults. Anyway, i wondered at first if he should be reading it to her. It was hard to split them up, they were so content w/ it. After DD went to bed, i read the whole book in 45 min to chck it out. I think it's harmless, funny & informative. Am i still the worlds worst mother in some parents eyes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:25 AM on Jul. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• I"ve never heard of this book. IMO, if your child is around adults drinking beer, then the idea of beer is nothing new to her, so why not give her more info on it and explain why she can't drink it too. I seriously doubt your the "world's worst mother"! :)
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 8:29 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Well, thankyou! I felt the same way. Sometimes i think other perents, even your friends, are SO quick to judge your parenting. It gets on my nerves like you would not believe. I do not drink beer, but dad does. And there are a lot of dads who do, & that is what the book is about. Dad's who drink beer & why their kids should not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Sounds like you know why you're doing. Don't let the judgement of others get to you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Jul. 13, 2009