How can I get red crayon out of a load of dried laundry?

Anyone got ideas? My husband thought there was a red piece of clothing but the stains didn't look right so we checked... dryer is cleaned out but clothes are ruined! Anyone got ideas??

CooksWife

Asked by CooksWife at 8:33 AM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I am interested, too, if anyone has a solution. This happened to me and I had to throw the clothes out. I also had to clean the dryer- while the dryer was still warm, I cleaned out the crayon from the walls of the dryer with a cloth and elbow grease. If there is another solution I would love to find out.

Answer by Bmat at 9:08 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• well good luck with that. Usually the heat of the dryer will set the stains into the fabric. Maybe call a professional dry cleaner and ask them.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:18 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• This might help. My dad also told me that there are many uses for WD-40, I guess he was right.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:09 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• This happened to us as well, I used a whole bottle of Spray and Wash, and a ton of Oxyclean, it worked on most of it except for the white stripes on one of my son't shirts.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 1:43 PM on Jul. 13, 2009