my baby is about 3 weeks old and I am using enfamil formula to feed her. She was wanting food every 3-4 hours and was sucking it down so quick so I increased it to 4 ounces. Now, she wakes for food every two hours and about every diaper change is poo (and pee). I am concerned that she is pooing to much and eating to frequently..every 2-3 hours instead of 3-4. PLease advise.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I always tried to keep my kids to a 3 hour schedule between feedings (from the start of one to the start of the next), which is what the hospital and their dr recommended. Sometimes it was a little early, sometimes a little later, but very close to 3 hours. My kids had messy diapers every time they ate for the first couple months and then it slowed down.

Answer by missanc at 8:59 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• i dont feed on a schedule feed when your child is hungry they DO NOT understand schedules yet. just keep up what you are doing your baby will give you all the ques you will need good job mommy :)
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 9:04 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• i've been doing a lot of reading, as i'm expecting my first, and new babies like yours are supposed to have messy diapers that often!! as often as they eat!! and if she's hungry, then she's hungry! if you're not okay with 2 hours, then do 3 hours in between. but her tummy is so tiny, of course she's gonna poo out what she just ate! good luck with your new baby!!
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 9:05 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• sounds like a growth spurt keep it up. Even when on breastmilk, my duaghter had a bowel movement after every feed. So no biggies there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Feed her until she is full. If she was breast feed you would have no idea how much she was eating. Relax and enjoy your baby. She is not a science experiment.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Schedules are great for parents, not so much for babies seeing as how they have NO concept of time.
    Just meet your baby's needs. Feed when she is hungry and toss the schedules out the window. And don't worry, she's not eating too much!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• sounds normal to me!

babies are growing constantly! if she needs it feed her. Mine all did that too.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:01 AM on Jul. 13, 2009