Should I retire?

My husband has a sparinging club. We are into martial arts. And so he got the great idea to hold tournaments and be a club to keep our selfs busy.

Well I'm not bad. i made it to semi finals last time. So I think I'm no newbie. Well we also have a video and photo team for our website.

whens the thing, I keep getting left out of everything! Video, meetings, idea exchanges, planning. Everyone decides everything without me. Then I'm left to through it together with out a thank you. But recently I was left out of the photos. They were like official pics of each indivigial fighter. At last minute somone called my name I looked and they snapped a pic. Everyone else has really cool pics and mine looks like shit. You could tell they forgot me agian.

So now I'm thinking it's just not worth it, my feeling keep getting hurt. We are suppose to be a club. But I don't even matter. Should I just retire and move on?

EarthMama05

Asked by EarthMama05 at 9:16 AM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Legally sense you are his wife.I think you are part owner. Let's just say if you divorced him he would probably have to give you some money from the business.

Put your foot down and demand the respect you want..If you want to be apart of everything speak up.

Answer by louise2 at 9:28 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Are you part owner of this Club?

Answer by louise2 at 9:20 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I wonder why you are left out? Be sure to say "Oh there was a meeting? I didn't know about it, next time please tell me so I can be there." and "When did we decide this? I don't remember discussing it." Don't keep getting hurt. Since it is an activity that you enjoy, figure out why you are left out and take action to fix it. Keep a pleasant expression on your face, and a calm non-accusing voice, and say that this is your group too and you seem to be excluded. Then make sure you are around when discussions are taking place. Even if at first you have to ask are we going to have a meeting today? are we discussing policy today? Why are you being excluded- figure this out and it will be easier to find out to be included.

Answer by Bmat at 9:22 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• My husband is, but everyone else is equal. "very ones input counts", except mine. DH says I'm part of the "inner circle" one of the top dogs. But everyone ignores me, I don't count and my ideas get ripped off as someone elses.
    EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 9:24 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I think you should do whatever you think is right to do

Answer by admckenzie at 9:50 AM on Jul. 13, 2009