Anyone an Esthetician/skin care specialist? Need some opinions!

I am currently going to school for esthetician. I am actually a makeup artist but would like to provide skin care as well. However, I am trying to come up with ways to save money and not lease a building out etc. When you have a big family to take care of uh yeah u'd want to save as much as possible! I would like to provide spa-based skin care products, services-facials, waxing, makeup, chemical peels, microdermabrasians, etc. Anyone heard of anybody that travels to homes and do in-home services? If so where at because i'd like to get more information on that. I graduate in 2 months and I need to get myself going as soon as possible! Plus I'd like to hear anyone's opinions on this idea!

platinumdesigns

Asked by platinumdesigns at 9:19 AM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I think it is a doable plan. Many women are so busy and would love to pamper themselves but its a matter of finding the time to do it. As with any business, you need to have a business plan. Who is your target customer? What services are you going to provide? What problems are you going to solve for them? These are just a few questions to ask yourself. Once you have your business plan, you'll want to get some business cards so that you can start passing them out. These are just some of the things I have learned while being in business for myself.
    You mentioned that you are a makeup artist. You can perhaps do some home parties where you demonstrate how to properly apply makeup. Teach them tips to get a professional look in just a few minutes at a time. I have more ideas but am running out of room to type. PM me if you want to chat some more. Or email me patty.wahm@gmail.com
    Patty_WAHM

Answer by Patty_WAHM at 11:49 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• If you are interested in great products that you can use with your home spas experiences, let me know...women are looking for alternatives to going out to get spa treatments done. This sounds like a great idea. By being able to sell the products and make money on them as well as the actual spa treatment is a huge bonus. We offer spa grade botanically based products that people are also looking for. As a matter of fact, the Omni hotel in Los Angeles uses our products in their spa. PM me with your email address and I can send you their spa brochure.
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 7:07 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I'm a rep for Sensaria and provide spa parties for my clients. It's a great way to provide products affordable...and the products are amazing! Email me and I'll get you some info on the company and products.
    Thanks!
    neha@mysensaria.com
    neha525

Answer by neha525 at 6:17 PM on Jul. 17, 2009