Anyone an Esthetician/skin care specialist? Need some opinions!

I am currently going to school for esthetician. I am actually a makeup artist but would like to provide skin care as well. However, I am trying to come up with ways to save money and not lease a building out etc. When you have a big family to take care of uh yeah u'd want to save as much as possible! I would like to provide spa-based skin care products, services-facials, waxing, makeup, chemical peels, microdermabrasians, etc. Anyone heard of anybody that travels to homes and do in-home services? If so where at because i'd like to get more information on that. I graduate in 2 months and I need to get myself going as soon as possible! Plus I'd like to hear anyone's opinions on this idea!

platinumdesigns

Asked by platinumdesigns at 9:21 AM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Money & Work

• I think that would be a wonderful idea. There are so many people who would rather have facials, etc. done at home where they can fix there hair afterwards. I have a friend that does this kind of work. She does in home and at events like arts and craft shows. It is like selling Mary Kay or Avon or Tupperware. People at nursing homes, rehabilation centers, etc. would welcome it. Go through your local phone book and mail out flyers. Have your friends host a "Facial Party". Show your products, give the host a free facial at the party, etc. You can have a lot of fun doing this kind of work. The host friends can schedual future parties and so on.
    PapooseMom

Answer by PapooseMom at 10:00 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I do this type of in home service. I have a large customer base with a residual income. IIf you like more information you can pm me or visit www.marykay.com/pstatewright1
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 11:09 PM on Jul. 13, 2009