• In the Spotlight:

by what age was your kid potty trained?

mine is 2.5....and just resisting potty training hardcore...when were yours potty trained?

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 9:30 AM on Jul. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• My oldest DD was potty train by 11/2..My youngest DD was Day potty trained by 11/2. But she wet the bed tell she was like 5 or 6.

Answer by louise2 at 9:37 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• both of mine were potty trained before they were 3 yrs old
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 9:41 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• mine just...doesnt care if she gets wet....the only thing she cars about is poopy and with that...i never seem to catch her in time and she'll just take her pull ups off and dump it into the potty and go I POOPED IN THE POTTY lol.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 9:43 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• My boys were day and night trained at 3 1/2 years old...but they both have autism.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:43 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• ive never done the 3day method...hubby thinks its extreme. im thinking of just doing that cause the more casual approach that he in favor of...is not working....
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 9:47 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• if she understand hwo to help me clean and things around the house....hell she can operate the dvd player. i know she can learn this.

i think i just need to do the 3 day
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 9:48 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• My daughter was just over 3, I waited until she was interested, and once she was that was that, trained immediately. She still wears overnights to bed though, Ped says that is normal until about 5. DS isn't quite 2.5, and has ZERO interest, so I'm giving him some time.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:54 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Why do people try to rush potty training when everything else they say we push on our kids too early? The average age for kids to potty train is 3 years old.
    My first daughter was 3 years, 2 months.
    My son was 2 1/2 and wet the bed until he was 6 1/2 (he's almost 8 now and still has the occasional accident if he is super tired when he goes to bed).
    My middle daughter was 3 years, 8 months (yes she was almost 4) and still wets the bed almost every night at 6 1/2.
    My youngest daughter was 2 1/2 and decided on her own she wanted to do it. I just asked her one day if she wanted to be a big girl and she said yes and that was it. A week later she was dry day and night and hasn't worn diapers/pull-ups since.
    I found that the harder you push before they are ready the more they resist and the longer it takes. I encouraged but never pushed and waited until they were ready.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:10 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• What is the three day method of potty training? I have five children yet this is the first time I have had to potty train so little bit lost...
    My little man is getting good. though...he is 2.
    Mine were 14 months, 18 months, 2 years and three when they were all potty trained. My last one is 2 and just started him
    Herbalife104

Answer by Herbalife104 at 10:13 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• they completely trained in one day at about age 3 1/2. never did use potty chair (went straight on the toilet) they have never wet the bed.
    jdzc820

Answer by jdzc820 at 10:13 AM on Jul. 13, 2009