Do you shave your boy's head?

My boys are 4, 10, and 13. I have always shaved their heads down to close stubble using a Wahl clipper with a #1 blade guide, leaving 1/8 inch of stubble. I wouldn't even know what my boys would look like with hair! It is such a nice looking haircut--always looks so neat and well-groomed. Plus, it's maintenance free! If you haven't tried it on your boys yet, I highly recommend it!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• she isnt saying completely bald. i shave my 4 yr old hair or sometimes a mohawk if he wants it i think its really cute and much cheaper than having to take them to get their hair cut. by the way that is mean.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 10:11 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• My boys started getting their heads shaved on a #2 when they were were around 2 years old. I agree, it looks clean and makes them look well groomed. My boys are 7.5 and 5 now. I did let the oldest try a new style out last spring and it about killed me waiting through the shaggy time before he could go from buzz cut to hairstyle. It turned out to be just too much upkeep for that style though, and as soon as school was out, I brought out the clippers.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:34 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I buzz my grandsons hair all the time. He has a double crown and getting his hair to behave is a joke. He loves having it buzzed. He asks me for a haircut before I am ready to do one all the time.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:35 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I shaved my sons head from about 11 months and up. He is 2 now. It's not completely bald, but I do shave his head. He looks so adorable :)
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 10:39 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• i will not shave my sons head unless he asks me to when he's older
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:48 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Nope, I love my little guys hair too much :o) If he wants to when he's older, no problem, but for now, I like it. Who knows, he may not have much hair later in life and then have no choice but to go really short or bald! My cousins son does exactly what you do and has for a long time and it's really cute and I couldn't imagine him with hair, just like you now couldn't imagine yours with hair!
    TylersMama05

Answer by TylersMama05 at 11:59 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• My boys hair is high and tight, military style just like their dads.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 12:45 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• No. My kids have beautiful hair, and it would break my heart to see it go. I cut it about once a month or so. I do buzz my husband's hair.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:50 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I never did it that short but I always buzzed my son's hair off in the summer and let it grow in the winter. He gets so hot and sweaty in the summer that it just made sense. I always did like 1/2" though. In the winter I would do 1" on top and shorter on the sides. This year my dad took him to the barber. I don't know why because that was $12 they could have saved but he wanted to go.
    My husband is no longer allowed near the clippers and our son. When he was like 3 years old my husband cut his hair with the 1/8" guard. With my son's then blond hair the kid looked bald. And he has such a big head it just made it look even bigger. I cried.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:57 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Absolutely! Every Saturday night the clippers come out and I shave my boys clean. I have no idea what my boys would look like with hair. Hope I never find out! They look so neat and clean with it all shaved off.
    Anonymous