Do you use "upromise"?

How does it work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Money & Work

• I use it also. I have all of my various grocers cards associated with it. Other than mentioned above, there are sometimes items that it does not register for whatever reason, I rather like it. It does take a while to get any amount saved, but if a person were to start while their child were pretty young, it could be a great way to save for college as you go on items that you would ordinarily buy anyway. Also, if you ever change your mind after you have the system set up and notify them, they will send a check with any savings that they have for you.
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 10:18 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• You register a certain debit/credit card with them. When you use that card for certain purchases, a portion of that is refunded to you into your Upromise acct. I tried it for a while but I was always finding purchases that I didnt get credit for and when I changed banks, I never updated my card # with them. It's a legit program but it didn't work perfectly.
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 10:13 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• How do you know what purchases it works on? I'm thinking about doing it, but I just don't know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• They have a list of qualifying purchases on the site. There are various stores that you can shop for credit, you just go directly to upromise and shop through their links to those stores.
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 10:19 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Thank you very much. I might try it. Hopefully it will help a little to pay back my student loans.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Jul. 13, 2009