is it ok to drink coffee while preg

I love my morning cup of coffee but since i've gotten preg, I've been trying to watch what i eat so is one cup of coffee going to hurt the baby?

apollania

Asked by apollania at 10:17 AM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I wouldn't drink it everyday, even if it was only 1 time a day. Caffeine is not good for baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I drank coffee while pregnant with both my kids and they are great! My Dr. told me that it was fine to drink coffee in moderation.
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 10:26 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• pedi nurse- YES its okay to have up to 300 mg of caffeine per day which comes down to 50mg per can of pop and 120mg for 1 cup of coffee
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 10:45 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Yes you CAN have a cup EVERYDAY if you like.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Yes! I drank a cup maybe two a day with DS. He is fine! I'm am pregnant again and I am having a cup sometimes two a day. My doctor says that's fine. Withdrawal headaches suck! drinkingEnjoy mommy!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• YEEEEEES..I had Starbucks EVERYDAY :) With both children...now i must go get cofffee......
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 11:21 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I got addicted to Mountain Dew when I was pregnant with my 1st and I know it wasn't a good idea, but I couldn't stop. I am having my 3rd child in 2 days and have drank Mountain Dew with all of them. I say anything in moderation, for the most part, is OK :o) Enjoy your coffee!
    TylersMama05

Answer by TylersMama05 at 11:56 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• teaYes it is okay to have one to two cups per day!coffee

trinrisa

Answer by trinrisa at 2:12 PM on Jul. 13, 2009