im a new mom and my baby boy is going to be due around Oct 30th. Im wondering what kind of supplies can i start buying now and is there any really organized way of buying items for baby??? i want to do this in the most prepared and most organized way possible. Im also wondering if anyone can give me tips on where to find cute little boy clothes i live in central iowa. ANY TIPS/INFO WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

Audra_Lynne

Asked by Audra_Lynne at 10:25 AM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Shopping

• Im a first time mom too, and Im due on sept 24. but I use this to buy my baby's clothes
    http://www.gerberchildrenswear.com/NEWWWW/BABY101/BATHTIMETIPS/tabid/130/Default.aspx

but also I am waiting after my baby shower. After that see what you have and what you dont have and then go from there
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:29 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• If you are planning to breastfeed you should buy a breast pump before your baby is born! I put it off last time and by the time I actually got one I was so full he couldn't latch on. Then I pumped the milk but didn't produce anymore. The doctor said because I wasn't using my supply, it depleted too fast and that is why no more milk came in. And if you do buy a breast pump....make sure it's not one of the $50 ones, they break too easy! That's all I got right now!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:29 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I'd say stock up on diapers and wipes. Buy a couple boxes of newborns and then start buying the size 1. Burp cloths, recieving blankets, and onzies, I think are priority after diapers and wipes. Everything else just makes things easier. Oh, and most important..... car seat.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 10:30 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• congrats on the new baby boy. :) well mylicon is good to have! i had to use that with every feeding and its safe , my little boy was so gassy , u can get that at walmart. u can also get some baby clothes at walmart too , they have some cute clothes there and they dont cost much , or u could look in babies r us sometimes they have cute baby clothes on sale. hope this helped. oh and also its good to have clothes that r a little bigger bc they grow up so fast.
    wildcatsgurl06

Answer by wildcatsgurl06 at 10:30 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• You will need a lot of diapers (ranging from newborn on up), wipes, lots of formula if you are formula feeding, maybe a breast pump if you are breastfeeding, diaper rash cream, baby wash, baby washcloths, burp rags, pacifiers, bottles, lots of onesies, and some sleepers. There are cute baby boy clothes just about anywhere that sells baby clothes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• i agree on the diaper & wipe thing BUT i wouldn't but alot of newborn sized diapers just in case you have a big baby, i got alot of newborn size when i was preg with my dd but had to swap them b/c they were too small
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:37 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Buy diapers and tape the reciepts to them so if you never open the box you can exchange them for a bigger size.
    One thing I learned was I bought bottles the baby didn't like....so don't buy packs and packs of the same kind of bottle until you know which one baby likes. The best we found to use was the Dr Browns, because he had digestive problems like most little ones do. And all those damn Nuke ones I bought and washed and steralized couldn't be returned, but I use them to store extra formula and such in now....so didn't go totally to waste!!!!
    Get some laundry soap and a bottle of stain spray LOL use that eventually too. 3 or 4 sheets for the crib because when they are new borns they tend to pee out of the diaper more, at least mine did.
    You will figure it out as you go though, we all do!!!!
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 11:17 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I made a list of all the things I needed and would buy one or two when I was out and found a good price. As far as clothes, you can get really cute Carter's outfits at Costco for super cheap. That's also where I buy diapers, wipes and formula. If you have Ross, that's where I buy a lot of my baby's stuff. Cute clothes at discount prices. And you can always find cute stuff at Target and Walmart.

Babies R Us has a registry checklist. It has a lot of stuff you won't need, but will give you and idea of what to consider for basics.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 12:59 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Nothing. It is considered bad luck to buy baby items before there is an actual baby.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:09 PM on Jul. 13, 2009