I don't know if my baby is growing!

I went for an OB appt last Monday and was told that I was measuring 27 weeks(they have me at 29 weeks pregnant but I'm almost positive I'm 31 due to LMP) Anyway, I know it's normal to measure 2 weeks ahead or behind but when I saw him on June 4th he said I was measuring right on target at 26 2/3 weeks with the weeks I was pregnant. How can I measure 26 2/3 weeks on June 4th and on July 6th be measuring 27 weeks? That's almost 4 weeks difference! And if I am right on when I conceived(99% sure) then that would put me at 6 weeks measuring different. I do carry small , I don't really have a big belly but is my baby not growing? My DH told me to call him back and ask(my OB only gave me about 3 minutes at my appt and I didn't have a chance to ask) but it's really not an emergency(baby moves around plenty!) so I was going to wait till I saw him again a week from today. But I just wanted some advice or opinions.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• babies grow differnetly
    so ya it snormal to measure something different the baby could had been alying a certain way dont worry:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Measuring the height of fundus takes a few minutes by itself. Any dr who only saw you for a few mins total, and somehow measured your uterus in that time AND did everything else too is probably not measuring right. which is easy to do. also, things like a full bladder (even if you don't feel like its dull, it can still be pretty close to full), and even your comfort can change the feel of your uterus so that the fundus check would be slightly different. if you are really worried, you can check on it yourself. here is a chart. all you have to do is lay down on your back, (i bend my knees cos it tends to relax my abdomen more, and i won't be feeling my muscle) feel the top of your pelvic bone and then feel the "melon" feeling uterus to the top. wherever you feel it start to curve inwards is the top. here's a link to a chart. as long as your somewhere near the "norm" you shouldn't worry. http://www.gynob.com/fh.htm
    mommie_mayhem

Answer by mommie_mayhem at 10:51 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Thanks. I know they grow differently and I didn't think that maybe he was sitting a certain way( he was head down last week though) but it just seemed like a big difference. Like I said I know you can measure 2 weeks either way but I just thought 4 weeks or more was a bit much! Thanks though I feel a little better!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I know exactly how you feel!!! Because im going to be 29 weeks this wednesday and im due september 27, and I dont feel like hes growing and I do eat! Though I do feel him move like crazy like when after I eat or when im laying on my side in bed.. My mom only gained 15 pounds when she was pregnant with me.... I have only gained about 10ish so far, and I know it was hard in the beganing because I had horriable morning sickness!
    Mamalab07

Answer by Mamalab07 at 12:25 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• There are many things that can influence the "measurements", its not exact to begin with. The babies position, how it was measured are examples of things that can influence the measurements. I don't take the measurements seriously anymore since i "measured" 26 cm at 20 weeks, no i didn't have a huge baby or anything. Its just not an exact thing.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 2:52 PM on Jul. 13, 2009