How do you feel more centered/more in touch with yourself/more spiritual as a mom?

It is so hard sometimes for me to be in touch with my soul when kids whine all day. What do you do to help you?

Renee
http://bootcampformommy.blogspot.com/

rkozy

Asked by rkozy at 10:51 AM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• To me personally spirituality is important, sharing the thought of God's words. I do that by being kind where clearly another is not and by helping someone when more help is needed. Try pay it forward every day several times a day - give stickers to your kids and write a memory book of their good deeds. Keep it up and there's God.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• My favorite way to "reconnect" when I'm having a rough day with my children is to stop and take a deep breath or two and say a couple Hail Mary's. Obviously I'm Catholic, and that prayer is really easy and quick and it puts me in the mind frame of thinking of Mary as the Mother of Jesus and I imagine some of the things she must have gone through with him and whatever I'm dealing with with my kids doesn't seem so bad any more. May seem silly to some people but it really works for me.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 10:57 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I would like to read some of these answers--I struggle with this as well.
    LaceyAM

Answer by LaceyAM at 11:01 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I find I connect to God more through my children. The ocean and my son's nursery are two very spiritual places for me. When I look into my son's face, I see the very grace and mercy of God.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:17 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I practice Mindfulness - I'm trying establish at least 15 minutes a day to devote to mindful practices - right now, it's Loving Kindness meditation. My goal is to have at least 15 minutes of centering prayer a day, on top of another 15 minutes of other mindfulness practice, such as loving kindness, with little spots of mindfulness throughout the day, like while walking, or eating, or cooking. My son has agreed to also start learning mindfulness with me, so I'm going to get us an MP3 audio that helps teaches mindfulness to children that we can put on my MP3 player and on my spare laptop that we use for him. I'm very excited about the benefits of him learning mindfulness at such an early age - hopefully I can spare him the struggle I'm having of just trying to fit it in for 15 minutes a day!
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 11:21 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I have a daily and nightly meditation and "prayer" ritual to help me stay connected to not only to stay connected with the God & Goddess but to help sooth my own frazzled brain.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:46 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• i try to meditate once or twice a day. I also "pray" and/or "ground" myself when feeling frazzeled or emotional. I also spend much of the day listening to calming religious music. Music is a major outlet for me so it helps a lot.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:49 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Meditation, going for a walk, and a warm shower. Incesnse helps. My fave scents are cinnamon and sandalwood.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:03 PM on Jul. 13, 2009