Is sex emotionally, physically the most important thing every day in your life with your partner? If not why not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• No...um, because our relationship isn't based solely on sex. We fell in love with each other and decided we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together based on who we are as people and how we made each other feel. Sex is a bonus, it's not the most important thing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I agree with Anon 10:53. What is the most important thing in my relationship with my husband is the fact that him and I can cuddle on the couch and talk....about anything and everything.
    LaceyAM

Answer by LaceyAM at 10:55 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I'm not sure i totally understand. Are you asking If daily sex is emotionally & physically important? I would say NO. I definitely like to have sex a good bit. But i think if i were to have sex EVERY day, that it would get boring to me. If i wait a few days, i crave it & we end up having rockin sex. There ARE times we have it every day, but that only last for a few days, and it's usually when I'm ovulating. It's like he can smell it.....lol!

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:57 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• ooo...good answer anon! I feel the sane way!
    samurai_chica

• Sex is very important, and I think it's more important even for him. You always hear that women need to feel close to have sex but men use sex to feel close. I think it's mainly the snuggling/cuddling that is most important, it's when I feel the most intimacy with my dh and that feeling of shared closeness it what I think it most important emotionally/physically every day

Answer by missanc at 10:57 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Hi, i'm op. I see a lot of posts on here today about having sex, no time for sex. I'm wondering if truly sex is the most important thing in women's lives. If so is it because that's what you've been taught by your mothers or because your partner would leave if there were no sex four to five days at least every week? I am not in a relationship with my husband of sex being demanded or by. I'm just wondering how important our husband's o's are to us and our own o's.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• It's important to me to feel close both physically and emotionally, but that's only a PART of how I feel close to my SO. There are times when sex is just sex and we have it for fun and times when we have it because we both need it emotionally, like last night lol. He came home from work and said how much he missed me and it just led to that, it was more of an emotional thing.
    But no, he wouldn't be upset if he couldn't get it for 4-5 times a week. When I was pregnant we went over a month without and than 4 more weeks after she was born and we were both fine.
    Well, he was, I was upset about it lol.
    But no, there are other things WAY more important to us than sex.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 11:07 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Honestly sex isn't important to me at all and if my hubby said he was fine with never having sex again I'd be okay with it. As it is now we have sex maybe once every six months and it's usually out of guilt.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 11:09 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• yes it's what our's is based on
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• It is too bad when a relationship is based on sex.
    Anonymous