Do you like the summer? I can't stand it o.o

It must be a fat chick thing, because I can't STAND 100-degree muggy, nasty days where you drip sweat within five minutes of being outside. Maybe I'd like it more if I lived in California or in the desert where the heat is dry. But here in NC, ughhhh...I can't wait for winter to get here.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 10:54 AM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• not a fat chick thing.....I'm not fat, and I can't handle heat at all. much less muggy heat. BLECH.

but I'm up in Canada in the foothills (between mountain and prairie) its quite dry.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:57 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Hah, you know, I used to love summer. (And no I'm not a "fat chick.")
    Maybe that was before I had my daughter, because now, I can't stand being in the sun and getting all sweaty just trying to load up the car with her things for an afternoon out. It's like what's the point in even taking a shower?
    I'm more of a spring & fall person now. But I can't complain, this summer here in Wisconsin has been really nice. Not too hot this year.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 10:57 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• YES and when your makeup melts off uck! It's like WTF is the point? Hahaha.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:59 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• We live in Alabama right now....second summer in a row and I have been pregnant both summers. And I would give anything to be in NC rather than there. 110 degrees plus humidity isn't my cup of tea.....that's why I peaced out and am visiting my fam in Pennsylvania for a couple months LOL My poor hubby is there with military training. I can't even imagine how all those soldiers feel walking around in 90 degrees plus half the year. As if their uniforms aren't hot enough they have to wear those awefull wool burettes. Anyways, but I hear ya!!!!!
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 11:02 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I absolutely LOVE summer! I'm in TX also and it is supposed to be 103 here today...supposed to be the "hottest day so far" this year they said on the weather LOL

our a/c isn't working like it should but we spend lots of time at the water park...I love love going to the water park...so the hot weather is great (you aren't cold when you're wet and staning in line)

I love that it doesn't get cool here until Oct. or November
    CoolMommyofboys

Answer by CoolMommyofboys at 11:03 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Quick tip - if you shower at night instead of at morning you won't sweat as much.
    Kodeekins

Answer by Kodeekins at 11:05 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• i'm in alabama too & am 8months pregnant, i have to say this is an aweful summer lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:09 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I like the freedom of summer, being able to run around....but I do hate the summer weather. The bright sun and heat kill me. I'm a fall girl. If I could find a place where it was fall 12 months of the year I would be there in a heartbeat!
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 11:19 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I am normal size and live in Wisconsin (we do have high humidity)
    I can not seem to function at all when it is really hot and humid
    like my brain will not work
    I HATE IT!
    my boyfriend does not get bothered at all and loves it
    I hate those people almost as much as the humidity
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 11:19 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• It's been really humid here this summer and I'm not used to it. It's not as humid as where I used to live, but I sort of got used to the dry air here. But I still love summer far more than winter. I can't stand wet, soggy, cold snow. That stuff pisses me off to no end. It gets in your boots no matter what you do and then you have wet cold feet all day. And when it's like 10 or 15 below and you can't get warm no matter how many layers you have on. For this reason I will never wish for winter no matter how uncomfortably hot I am right now.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:30 AM on Jul. 13, 2009