Did you or anyone you know do JROTC/ROTC?

I did four years of NJROTC and I absolutely loved it. I ended up as an O-1, I was so proud of myself when I got the gold band on my combo cover. The only difficult thing about it was the fact that I'm quite liberal, and my opinions weren't always popular amongst my classmates.

If any of you guys have kids that are considering taking it in high school, seriously push them for it. It's a great program, and I don't think I would be who I am without it =]

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 10:57 AM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My son spent 4 years in Sea Cadets. Not NJROTC but similar in the ideas. It's a Navy based junior program. He went as far as he could. He was the youngest person to ever graduate from Cadets. He is Navy dive certified has repelled from helicopters, has survival skills like you wouldn't believe, a sharp shooter, and more.

During his boot camp he was nicknamed "Hardcore" They were runnong 2 miles and everytime the Sgt asked him how he was he would answer "full of joy sir," LOL. He will have a very long, very succesful military career.

I recommend programs like this for anybody. When people would come check out the cadets we would explain it is NOT a place to send your kid just becasue he needs discipline. We were not there to punish.
    Christy644

Answer by Christy644 at 11:11 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• i did 5 years of AFJROTC
    started in jr high lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:51 PM on Jul. 13, 2009