Hands swelling?

When I wake up, I'm fine. I get up and walk the dog around the neighborhood for about 45 minutes at about 6am (so it's not SO hot.) By the time we get back home, my hands look like balloons. They're so swollen they throb and hurt. We do the same thing in the evenings (walking the dog around) and my hands don't swell. I would think it would be my feet, but it's JUST my hands. Days that DH walks him, they don't swell. Any ideas why?! Oh, I'm 18 weeks.

RyleeMendez

Asked by RyleeMendez at 11:04 AM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you're retaining water. I did in my hands and feet.

if it comes on really fast , I'd see a doctor. but I'd also avoid anything in the heat.

drink LOTS and LOTS of water....strangely enough hydrating helps to bring down some swelling.

cut down on your salt intake too.
    (trying to remember what I did for my pregnancies when I swelled...lol)
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:07 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• You need to drink lots of ice water and stop drinking anything but water. You also need to cut way down on your salt. Anything prepackaged or like a frozen dinner has way too much salt. You need to eat things you prepare yourself and not add salt.

Finally, talk to your dr about taking a vitamin B6 supplement. It has worked wonders for me. But see if you dr thinks it's a good idea for you and ask how many mg you should take.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:19 AM on Jul. 13, 2009