Any one have information on extended breastfeeding?

I went to lllI.org and didnt find that very helpful? Any other websites would be great? Or information from someone who did it or is doing it would be great also.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Kids' Health

• what kind of info do you need? It seems pretty straight forward, just keep giving your child breastmilk rather than giving whole milk.
    Anonymous

• I did not do extended breastfeeding, but my daughter self-weaned at 23 months (I worked full-time). What information are you looking for? I will help you as best I can.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:00 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• My aunt breast fed my counsins for a LONG time. She breast fed one of my cousins until they were 4! Personally i thought it was just weird, but they turned out fine. They're actually all really good kids. I def wouldnt recomend it, but theres people who do it. I dont really see why you'd need any info on it. Its really your choice how long you want to do it.
    holly082290

Answer by holly082290 at 2:34 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Could you be a little more specific about what information you are looking for?
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 5:41 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• This is one of the most reputable sites for BFing info:

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/bfextended/ebf-refs.html

Extended Bfing is a wonderful choice.  The benefits of BM don't magically disappear after the first birthday, and the composition of BM changes to fit your growing child's needs.  I think that's one of the most important tidbits of info on the subject.

milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 3:10 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• PinkSodaPop

Answer by PinkSodaPop at 5:48 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Oh and I forgot to mention...
    I'm doing it...and have done it... *Smiles*

PinkSodaPop

Answer by PinkSodaPop at 5:50 PM on Aug. 13, 2009