My childs 28mos, I want to start potty training, Should I put her right into panties or try pull ups?

My 3 yr old when she was 2 went in pull ups like diapers it was a waste of time n money but i no every kids different. What would you do. The only thing that worked with my older daughter was put her right in panties n get her on potty every half hr..what do u think?

MamaOf3Girls09

Asked by MamaOf3Girls09 at 11:23 AM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If you have time, do the same thing. I use diapers, pull-ups and panties. Day care they use diapers, but put her ont he potty at a very set schedule. At home I use panties and out and about/friends houes, I use pull ups because she loves being able to pull them up and down herself.
    Anonymous

• Pullups ARE diapers. I found that my daughter was confused by them when we switched back and forth with them & undies. In pullups, it's easy to be lazy and not get to the potty. In undies, peeing is a big messy deal, and she NOTICED. She's 2 1/2, and knows that undies are for daytime, and "sleep diapers" are for nap and nighttime. Even though she is essentially potty trained during the day, she'll also stand there right when she wakes up from her nap and say "I'm peeing in my sleep diaper", even if the potty is RIGHT there. It's easier that way, right? It's definitely more effort for YOU without the "safety" of pullups, but I think it goes faster and with less confusion to just get some good carpet cleaner and jump in. :) Good luck!
    StaceyCM

Answer by StaceyCM at 12:57 PM on Jul. 13, 2009