How do we throw 2 parties that are so close together?

So, we are starting to think about birthday parties.... my son is turning 6 on Sept. 5th, and my daughter is having her 1st birthday on Sept. 15th. How should we plan their parties so that each child has the un-divided attention instead of sharing it.... but still make it very memorable for them? Heck I don't even know what kind of partry to throw them... But I know we want to do them seperately. lol. Help?

shyne4584

Asked by shyne4584 at 11:26 AM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Entertainment

• Would you son like a theme party? If he is up for that...maybe you can have a late bday party for him..Like for Halloween? A costume party...with the works? Or sooner if you can swing it for the summer? Then if you do something small for his birthday...like a special dinner and dessert with the immediate family. Or if you can move the date of your daughters...she is young enough where she won't know the difference? That is really close. My daughters are just over a month a part so we aren't in that tight of a time frame.
    LaceyAM

Answer by LaceyAM at 11:30 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• lol my kids are 24 bady apart and we are doing a joint party... much easier on me!! instead of inviting the same ppl to 2 sepearte partys! once they get older and have friends it might be differant but they are closer in age than your 2...

maybe have your sons the weekend before his b-day and have all his friends and do a cool party for them, then dinner with the fam on teh actual day.. and have your daughters the weekend after with everyione..
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 11:49 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Maybe try doing at home in two separte rooms? A theme for each of the , like decorate differently. It probably would be a lot of work , but i bet the kids would have a blast. Good Luck....happy early bdays :D
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 12:13 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Whatever you do, do not throw one party. I had that growing up with my brother and it was no fun at all. The one year old's party is a milestone but on the other hand, will she remember it? If you want them to be on the same day and same guest just have the first half your son's party and the second half your daughter. I know money can be tight so I hope that helps.
    Valerie_2

Answer by Valerie_2 at 11:03 PM on Jul. 13, 2009