Christians,what are your spiritual gifts and have you used them to serve in your church?

I have the gifts of Hospitality,evangelism,counsling,ministering,the gift of helps,and more.I have helped out at mychurch in childcare,setting up events in the church,watching over kids during vacation Bible school,helped in the kitchen except that was at my old church I don't go anymore.My new one is alot smaller but I feel I should serve but there's not alot of things to do,so I was wondering if you knew all the functions of a church and there needs?I should mention, I 'm not that big into childcare,I like serving people in need or doing simple tasks around the church.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• The most active one I have is hospitality...and yes I do use it at church. I help out cooking for people for after service fellowship and for greeting. We also attend a small church, and when I felt that there wasn't as much opportunity for me to help...I spoke with them and they were able to help me find places in the community that they often work with to volunteer at.
    LaceyAM

Answer by LaceyAM at 11:35 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I have the gift of teaching, and yes, I've used it both within my faith community, within my family and within my work and social lives. LOL - and I'm not even a teacher by profession, but it is my gift.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 11:37 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I want to serve where I'm not seen by man because I've been hurt by the church before and I don't want my serving to be connected to rude people though I have grown and I can forgive them.I would be more comfortable serving in the church when no one is around,stocking the pews with cards and pencils for example or cleaning the building on a saturday night.My pastor has complained that he needs more people to help,it's just I don't know if I can take the intimacy that comes with that kind of commitment.I can see myself helping out one time a month or two but that's it.I have trust issues but I know the Lord still expects me to use my gifts to build up the church and one day before I stand before God,God will ask me what I did with Jesus and I don't want to stand there and say,I don't know..
    Anonymous