Helping labor along

I'm 39 weeks, and 1 cm. dilated, since last Friday...I'm miserable, and just wish labor would start already. Is there anything that can actually help labor along, or am I really stuck with the whole, "it'll come out when it's ready?"

contrariant

Asked by contrariant at 11:40 AM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• walking and sex. I walked ALOT with my DD the last few days and I lost my mucus plug and started contracting like crazy, but ended up being induced.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 11:47 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I think baby will come when he/she is ready, personally :o) I know that's probably not what you want to hear, but I've heard lots of stories including the walking and sex ones, and for the most part, I don't think it helps at all! Good luck though with getting baby out soon! I am scheduled for a c-section in 2 days and am 39 weeks today, so I know what it feels like to be "ready"!
    TylersMama05

Answer by TylersMama05 at 12:13 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Anonymous