Anyone had to exorcise an ex's stuff out of your SO's house?

I recently moved in with my SO and his kids, as I am making the house more of ours I discovered a bunch of her stuff she didn't take with her when she left in one closet. My SO just doesn't use the closet and he had forgotten the stuff. Now it falls on me to clean it out and as silly as it is I find it emotionally frustrating at times. Sometimes I actually resent my SO for not having that stuff out already. Anyone else had to do this? How did you feel?

chrissifaye

Asked by chrissifaye at 11:40 AM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• I have done this. Just say to him that you are uncomfortable doing this and if he could take care of it it would be appreciated.

I was frustrated....and I still am because we live with my in laws and she used to live here with them as well (Loooong sad story)...but she she left...the garage and eves in the bedrooms had her stuff in them. We are still finding some of her things. And it does hurt...but I have peace in knowing that he is with.
    LaceyAM

Answer by LaceyAM at 11:43 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I once found naked pic's of my husbands ex! She was 15 and he was like 18 or 19 when she gave them to him. He had put them in a cd case and forgot about them. I have seen his ex naked, its a little unsetteling but kinda funny how she was trying to be all sexy in them *gag* *choke* *puke*
    Bjoycassell

Answer by Bjoycassell at 11:51 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Well ladies while I can certainly feel your pain, (Let him do it is very good advice) I'm on a completely different end cleanout out my in law's estate. There are many jobs in life that are not fun. How would your feel if his former was dead and you had to decide what to keep for their kids etc. ? Whistle while you work and get it over with as quickly as possible.
    Anonymous

• Just do it and clean her out of your life as well.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:38 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I would ask him to clean it out. I wouldn't be mad at him, but seeing as it's her stuff I wouldn't feel comfortable doing it. I've never had that experience, but I can imagine it would be hard.

Answer by missanc at 2:03 PM on Jul. 13, 2009