(Sorry I am new & couldnt edit my question.) My male friend tells me he 'tucks' his 13 yr old daughter to bed everynight and actually gets into the bed with her. Is this normal, or am I just being weird? (I don't know of any father that does this after a girl has started developing.) If this is not normal, how do I tactfully tell him he should probably tell her goodnight at the door?

He did tell me that he does get under the covers with her and that SHE asks him to tuck her in every night. He is a single dad and has them part time. I don't think he is a molester, however, I find myself wondering if this is a 'healthy' or 'unhealthy' because I have never know anyone who does this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• By the time I was 13, I usually didn't want my dad in my room, except to maybe say good night from the doorway, or if I was sick. I won't say that your friend is actually doing anything inappropriate, but he is doing something that could be viewed as inappropriate. If she wants him to tuck her in, that's great, but getting into the bed with her is a step too far that some would accuse him of bad things.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 12:17 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• to tuck her in is sweet, but I think most would frown at him getting into bed with her.

I dont think he should have to stop tucking her in but at 13 there needs to be boundaries because of her developing.
    MarchMarie

Answer by MarchMarie at 12:14 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• confusedNo shit that is not normal especially when these men get a hard on to go pee she is going to wonder what the heck. No he needs to start letting her go sleep on her own I mean he can continue to tuck her in but sleeping with her....I don't think so. Something is not right in this picture. Yeah you know him better than we do so if you feel like you can talk to him go for it. GL

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:19 PM on Jul. 13, 2009