has anybody ever worked at a bar or nightclub

im trying to find out about the experience of working at a bar or night club whether it be a stripper ,waitress ,whatever..tell me how you got the job and did you have a good paycheck?or just whatever you want to share

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I worked in a high end wine bar as a cocktail waitress while I was in college. I loved the job and sometimes I wish I could do it now because life was so much simpler.

Most nights were classy clients... on weekends it would get crowded with the rowdy trendy crowd. Then you would have to ward off the occasional grope which is easily handled when you threaten to take a drink away.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 12:21 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I worked the bar at a VFW (veterans of foreign wars bar) and it was horrible. I think it was just because they were old people.
    Anonymous

• Yes, for about 4 years on Bourbon St. in New Orleans. I started when I was 18, and I've been a shot girl, bartender, waitress, and dancer. My experience was awesome because I always worked at high class clubs. They did not put up with drugs or girls trying to sell themselves, and really watched out for us. I've gotten to meet tons of famous people, too.

Honestly, it's like being back in high school. Super drama filled. It's almost impossable to keep up with friends who don't work in clubs due to the weird hours, and it can be kinda dangerous, because people are weird and crazy, but the money is fantastic, the lifestyle is unique. The money is addictive, and it's hard to quit, but the job gets old fast. Dance clubs are more fun, but more drama.

I would do it all over again if I could, but there comes a time when everyone needs to grow up.
    Anonymous

• I was a bartender. I actually quit when I found out I was pregnant. Its back breaking work lifting those kegs and breaking down and setting up that bar, the hours pretty much blow because you'll work most weekends and holidays, and you have to deal with the occaisional fights and such. (I worked at on of those old gross run down local bars where the drinks where cheap) BUT!!!! It was the most money I have ever made in my life. 2-3-4 hundred EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. Plus it was fun!! You crank up the music, and shake your booty. Its a no stress job Plus messing with drunk people was so much fun!! I use to make signs and take pictures of people when they acted retarded. I tell ya next time they would drink they would be on there best behavior lol!!!!
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 12:32 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I worked at a "gentleman's club" as a waitress.. On a good night after tipping out the bar and the managers I walked out with $300-400, but on a shitty night sometimes I walked out with under $50! I liked the job, it was fun when it was busy.. but it was hard to balance on the line of flirtatious and out of line, especially with the managment. I eventually had to just quit, I couldnt take it anymore.
    Anonymous