Relationship Downfall

Me and my husband have been married for almost a year now, and have been together for four years off and on before that. Everytime we broke things off it was bcuz of fighting and him being too controlling. Now the problems have arised again. Except he has been saying very hurtful, and demeaning things to me such as: he hates me, he's miserable w/me, the only reason we are together is to raise our daughter. Its embarassing to let him treat me like this, especially bcuz i would never want this for my daughter! recently i have not wanted to have sex with him bcuz i feel hurt by how hes treating me and i just amnot into it, he told me he doesnt wanna live this way and that its stressful for him to not have sex, then I found out he is getting tons of porn off the internet when we r sleeping. I feel this is wrong for me to put up with? Am I wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• God says your body is a temple. If your husband doesnt treat you respectfully then he is defiling your personal sacredness in the image of god. Your huband is being verbally and emotionally abusive. Ask yourself if a man treated your daughter the EXACT same way would it be okay? If your answer is no then it isnt ok for you and you need to make some changes. Even if you choose to try to salvage this relationship you will have to do something different or it will never change it will only get worse. I suggest a personal counselor and then go from there. Whatever your decision I hope you are blessed.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 9:47 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• no. But honey you knew who you were marrying...men don't often change, no matter how bad we want them to. I think you need to step back and see if this is what you want for the rest of your life. Put your child first and go from there.

lostshel

Answer by lostshel at 12:27 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• You posted this in the Religion section, so does that mean you want advice from a religious standpoint? Just curious. Why don't you talk to a pastor at your church? I can also recommend some GREAT books on marriage if you are interested.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:28 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• UPDATE:

Yes I posted it on here bcuz I am a Christian, and I believe this is wrong...and im trying!!!!
    Anonymous

• If I were you I would see about talking to my Priest for starters.
    Anonymous

• honestly.....
    are you two in love with one another?

if either one of you answers no to that................i dont think i need to keep going.

if you both still are in love with the other but just having issues. counseling.....go somewhere from the past, somethign that reminds you of when you first met
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:54 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Pray to God for help. You don't need any priest, they can't help you God can help you and ONLY God. Ask for family and friends prayers as well. But I honestly do not think that God wants you to suffer like this.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 2:58 PM on Jul. 13, 2009