Do you have life insurance ?

I am 32 and do not yet I think I should of by now though .

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• All parents need life insurance. You can get some really reasonable term life policies. Shop around. You should also check at work; yours, hubbies or both...depending on your situtation.

I am a former trust officer...trusts, estates and other investments. Typically, life insurance for a child is an unnecessary expense. Many term life polices do not require medical info, especially those obtained through your employer. I'm not criticizing you hypermamaz! It depends upon the level of the disability later on. If your child is employable then they may be able to take advantage of an employer offered policy. There are just some variables!

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:18 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Yes, you should. I do, and so does my husband. Mine is for I believe $250,000, and my husband's is for $400,000.

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 12:31 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Oh, and I'm 23 and he's 25.

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 12:32 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• We both do not. I am 24 with kidney disease, so I doubt i could get life insurance for a decent price. hubby is 29 and a smoker. We can't afford to have life insurance.

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 12:35 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• yep. as soon as we had kids we got it.

dh also has an extra policy that if he gets injured we're covered since he's the only income earner.

we have the kids insured as well - my youngest's policy is worth GOLD though since she had it since birth and now has a seizure disorder and is no longer insurable.

we pay $120 for all 5 of us, most insurance companies will work with you to come up with something that you can manageably pay.

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:39 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Yes I have a life insurance policy and so does my husband. We are both 24

Answer by usmc0351wife at 12:53 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• My husband is 23 and a soldier. He has SGLI which is 400,000 and we have an additional policy for 400,000 for him. So 800,000 all together for him. My life insurance policy is for 250,000. We pay right around $35 dollars a month per insurance policy through USAA. I am overweight so I don't get the same kind of coverage for the price.

• Yes, we got life insurance as soon as we had our first baby. We're each insured for $300,000, which I think we should probably add to pretty soon.

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:58 PM on Jul. 13, 2009