childcare at local gym

the gym i belong to has daycare for children while their moms work out. my child hasnt had her vaccines yet, but if i were to go at 2, there are never any children in there.

would you do it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• gosh yes. you take her to the park and stuff, right? there's kids and germs and whatever everyplace u go.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 12:35 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I would. My dd'd doctor told me that if I didn't vac my child then the likelyhood of her catching the disease was small cause most people did vac. so the disease wasn't around much. If everyone didn't vac. we could have problems. Anyway I ended up vac. my child just on a slower schedule. I would take her no problem. Like pp said you go other places right?
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:39 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Lifetime fitness requires vaccinations for children in the daycare, so I guess you cant go there!
    Anonymous

• "gosh yes. you take her to the park and stuff, right? there's kids and germs and whatever everyplace u go."

My son caught the flu at a week old when I took him to go pick up my other son at daycare. He wasn't around the other children and no one sneezed on him. He was just in the general area. Germs live for quite a while out of the body. Because he caught this he wound up catching many other things because his immune system was compromised. He has been consistantaly ill all of his life. He is now in 2nd grade. He has missed out on holday parties and fun times, all because I took him around other children before he was able to fight off their germs. Are you willing to risk that just so you can work out? Can't you work out at home? There are many activities you can do at home and keep your child safe until you can vaccinate her.
    bordprson

Answer by bordprson at 4:05 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I wouldn't. I just won't knowingly have my children around kids that aren't vaccinated, and if I can't screen the kids myself, I won't do it. I only take my kids to places where it is required to have vaccs.
    katskelington

Answer by katskelington at 1:05 AM on Jul. 14, 2009