Can you use WIC in another state?

I'm going out of town this week, just me and my 6 month old. My new WIC checks are valid starting a few days after I leave, and I'll need to use them to get formula. Does anyone know if I can use them in another state?

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 12:36 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No you cant use them in any state they arent issued in. WIC is a federal program but it is run by individual states. I find it stupid that its like that but i asked that ? when i moved i had to get them to issue me new checks in my new state.
    Alie1313

Answer by Alie1313 at 12:48 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• My local grocery store just started accepting WV Wic. I live in KY and the border is like not even 2 miles away. But that is the only place I have ever heard that accepts another states wic.
    theosgirl45

Answer by theosgirl45 at 1:35 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• We live on the state line and can only use our Ohio Checks in Ohio. Likewise no IN checks accepted here. Call your wic clinic and ask them what you can do.
    darcibeisheim

Answer by darcibeisheim at 6:34 PM on Jul. 13, 2009