My daughter is 22 autisic . She look for me if she come home from school or out riding with her dad. she start to get anxiety spells and trying to look for me. only when she find me then she relax. I need help bad.

My daughter about 195 pounds and is very controling. Must leave now she want to leave.

Asked by Rose802 at 12:51 PM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Adult Children (18+)

• Duh 22 ,sorry look for adult day program if you do not have it can give you both the needed time outs.

Answer by rosetoes at 10:01 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I have anxiety/panic attacks as well..they have meds that can help control them.. I havent found one that stops them completly but it would help to talk to her doctor.. good luck =)

Answer by mommy0217 at 1:08 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I too have panic attacks... I have major problems because of hormonal imbalances that cause them... maybe speak to her doctor about putting her on zoloft.. its a very gentle drug and I have been on it for a little over a year and only had 1 panic attack since then.

Answer by MommySteph1011 at 1:50 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Like the other said, there might be some good medications out there for her. But definitely have her speak with a good psychologist first, before making any life altering decisions.

Answer by Ryanswife06 at 1:25 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Hi ya Rose,
    I work with retarded adults from autism to asperger's syndrome hang in there hun. How old is she if you do not mind me asking? If she eligible for adult services? I know you will know what to do after all your her mommy at 2 or 32, it's our job.

Answer by rosetoes at 9:59 PM on Jun. 23, 2008