How do you decide when your done having babies??

I don't know! I didn't think that I wanted anymore. I had a horrible c section with our last. He is 3 now and potty trained and we can do more without the "hassle" of baby stuff everywhere..........but now I am starting to get this feeling......deep inside......that I DO want another.....!!!!!!!!

Oh, what to do?? We already have 2-and financially-not a good time. But in the future, maybe???? How do you know when you're done? I don't want to wake up one day a regret not having more..........

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Health

• We decided to stop when we felt we could support those we had and send them to college, could cover medical bills, but we weren't sure about supporting another.

Answer by Bmat at 12:48 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• If you can't feed them, don't breed them!
    Intrepid

Answer by Intrepid at 12:49 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• If you're not financially stable enough to have another, then try to wait it out. The feeling may go away, it may get stronger. And in the end, even if you get your tubes tied, and down the road feel like you want to bring another child into your home, there is always adoption for the many, many children out there in the foster system looking for a good home.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 12:50 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• My husband is from a family of 5 and I grew up in a family of 4. All of our friends have either 1 or 2 kids. We had 3 and then my husband got snipped!

My kids are 1, 2 and 3.5 years. We decided to stop at 3 because we felt that with any more kids and we might not be able to give them each the attention they need.
    MaryAnne3mommy

Answer by MaryAnne3mommy at 12:53 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• this is a funny/sad one for me. I thought i was done in 04 when I had my fifth baby. I had my tubes tied, Finally left my horrible marriage remarried and am now having them untied to give it another go. so in all truth, i don't know. My advise would be to go with a iud that way if you want more someday the door is still open.

lostshel

Answer by lostshel at 12:58 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• There is no reason to make a decision right now. Just let it be and see where you are with it in a few years from now. I think at some point you will realize you know one way or another if you want or don't want another one. The knowing will come, just give it time.
    TessLouise

Answer by TessLouise at 12:58 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Why do you have to decide right now? I think you should just enjoy yourself for now and see what the future brings! If you aren't financially stable you'd want to wait a little while anyway right? Good luck and don't stress!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 1:00 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Thanks Ladies-especially TessLouise-this is the path I am taking for now. I have other worries on my plate right now. Its just something that keeps coming up when people ask "when you guys having another" and I say we're done. I think "are we really??" though........
    Anonymous

• I personally don't believe in having more children if the couple cannot finally support them without taking advantage of taxpayer sponsored benefits. Also with C-Sections...now I had a vaginal delivery but two women I know who had C-Sections talked of the additional risk with more than one C-Section. One poor lady had 3 C-Section babies and became pregnant with a fourth. She told me had she known of the additional risk involved with more than 3 C's because of the increased amount of scar tissue, she would never have become pregnant with the fourth. I personally hated being an obstetric patient where I live because I was treated like a ticking time bomb who couldn't possibly have anything but a diseased baby (she is perfectly healthy, thank God). However, my husband changed his mind about wanting a second child, and I followed suit. I don't want any more baby stuff and have enough work with one child.
    mimismom436

Answer by mimismom436 at 1:03 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• This isn't about whether or not I can afford them-its about when do you know your done? I thought I was-but things are going to be looking up financially for us soon and I just see babies and want one-then it cries and I am glad mine are bigger.....I don't know, I guess we will see what happens.

I have had 2 c sections-my dh doesn't want to have anymore babies bc of all the complications for it. I think that this is what will ultimately keep me from having anymore......
    Anonymous