life after a controling relationship?

i just got out of a very controling verbally and financially abusive relationship but cant help but be jaded about guys now how do i move on any books i can read?

brandnew744

Asked by brandnew744 at 1:03 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I was in the same situation as you. I just had faith in other guys. I didn't let my guard down and I didn't rush anything just got time to know them and make sure that they didn't change after months... or years. Just try not to think of every guy as the old one. That'll make it hard for the guy as well as on you. Good luck!
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 1:04 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• ive been there - it will take some time for you to learn to trust again. hang in there.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 1:04 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I would recommend a very old one. The title is "Co-dependent No More". Don't remember the author - but it can help you recognize why you migrated to a person that would treat you like that. I would also recommend some counseling. One thing that helped me was one true fact about people in general "Everyone is different". Once I learned what made me keep choosing men like that and learned how to consciously break my own vicious cycle - EVERYTHING changed! I was able to have a relationship and not punish that poor man because of what the last of of the first 3 had done. I was able to identify and obtain the kind of relationship that makes me feel happy and healthy . Time, education and practice. You'll be just fine. Good luck.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 1:25 PM on Jul. 13, 2009