Need ideas for birthday cakes for a 1 year old

Rachelle2283

Asked by Rachelle2283 at 1:10 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Food & Drink

• are there any ingredients that you want to avoid?

My favorite cake recipes are from here (you need to copy and paste the link)

www.sweetsavvy.com

Answer by rkoloms at 1:12 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I usually just give my kids cupcakes for their first bday....we got our oldest a cake and ice cream and pretty much the whole works.....by the end of the night he was throwing it all up, I guess we partied too much. Anyway, lesson learned! Decent dinner then small cupcake w/ a candle for dessert.
    guam_mama

Answer by guam_mama at 1:14 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• For our son we did a small cake from savemart it was blue and green with sports balls in the middle, he eat the whole thing! LOL ok he destroyed it and it looked like he ate all of it. For our DD my mom got her a some what small turtle cake, it was in the shape of a turtle, it was so cute, it had little flowers on it and she just ate up all the flowers LOL! I would say any small cake you can find at a store that looks nice to you, don't go all out since your child is still little. Unless your looking for a cake to feed multiple people, we got them a cake for just them.
    Anonymous

• I had a cake made for my son's 1st birthday. It was a 3-D Castle cake, because the theme for his birthday was prince for a day.

There are some pictures of it on my page.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 1:25 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• any cake is fine...........unless your having a big birthday.......I usually did 2...one for them to wreck and one to eat for the guests...........!!!!
    dottief13

Answer by dottief13 at 1:41 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Have you seen the Baby Einstein caterpillar cupcake cakes? You can Google them or search them on cakecentral.com. They are cute and popular for young kids.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 6:48 PM on Jul. 13, 2009