Getting pregnant after a miscarriage? Who else has gone through this?

On March 14th, 2009 I miscarried with what would have been our third child. I was only 6 weeks along and I had just announced to my family that I was pregnant again. I have two other children that were healthy pregnancies and were born on their due dates. I just couldn't understand what I did wrong to make me lose our baby. I got my menstrual cycle back in May and had another one in June. My husband and I tried to get pregnant but just last week I got my third cycle. I was told that if I wait and have one full normal cycle that I can try to get pregnant again and I should be able to conceive. But it hasn't happened yet. I have an appointment with my doctor in a couple of weeks but I was wondering who else has been through this? How long did it take for you to get pregnant again? What did the doctor tell you? Is there anything I can do to help me get pregnant again? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

ftgraggMama

Asked by ftgraggMama at 1:11 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• i had a mc in sept and got prego in jan but miscarried at 7 weeks in march. i am not 8 weeks prego again. my dr told me to wait one cycle and if i was ready to try again go ahead. i finally realized that my period was normal but my ovulation was a little off and once i bought an ovulation kit i got prego right away. good luck
    longonevs

Answer by longonevs at 5:21 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I had a m/c in Nov. and I got pregnant in dec. the thing that really helped me is that I tried not to think about it.Even though it was really hard,but I felt like if i thought about it I would feel more pressured to get pregnant again.
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 1:16 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• we honestly did not try again after our miscarriage for yrs. i already had 1 healthy dd. i had some complications after her & my body was just not healthy enough to carry another baby. we did however have another baby 6yrs later - 1 healthy ds. we were very surprised. my advice is just wait & see what happens - miracles do happen!
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 1:20 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I had a m/c in march of 06 and found out I was 6 weeks preg in July 06.
    belljaz

Answer by belljaz at 1:31 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• But my DD is almost 2.5 now and me and my husband have been trying TTC for almost 6 months now and nothing. I guess not just every pregnancy is diffrent, getting preg everytime is diffrent. As for you being the cause of the m/c dont think that. Sometimes it just happens. Theres no way to avoid it.
    belljaz

Answer by belljaz at 1:34 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• My heart goes out to you (((((((((hugs)))))))). DH and I got pregnant May, 2005 and announced to our families on Father's day we were expecting. Sadly, the very next day i m/c (I was 6w5d). We were lucky enough to get PG in August, 2005. Sadly, it was again not meant to be as I miscarried Sept 2005 at 6w6d. Now, 4 years later (despite a few round s of Clomid and trying very hard not to think about things) we are still childless. Despite people telling you to 'not think about it', it's very hard to do so I'm not going to tell you that.

Hang in there sweetie. I hope everything works out for you and DH.
    leety78

Answer by leety78 at 3:47 PM on Jul. 13, 2009