Why is their a lot of overweight people in this religion?

ok nothing against overweight ppl.im a size 12 so im a curvy woman, but I noticed that with a few different wiccan groups I was friends with, and a few pagan, their was A LOT of overweight people. I would say 90 percent of them were overweight and I do not mean chubby, I mean they were really fat. To the point I know they had to be uncomfortable doing physical activities and they way they fed their kids was disgusting. Is this something that is normal within these groups? Or have I for whatever reason in multiple states ran into the overweight groups? I am not saying any of you are overweight, I just noticed this because it was very obvious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:37 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• idk - i think their are fat people in all kinds of religions
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 1:40 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• This is such an obnoxious question. I am a Christian and I am overweight and know a lot of overweight Christians. I think as a nation we have a lot of overweight people.

SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:41 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• lol. I have lived in europe before and i can tel you from seeing the people over their, to the people here in the states...the us is a fat country!!!!!!

probably because they eat normal portions intead of our huge ones and they walk and bike a lot.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:42 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• one of the reaons i cant wait to move back their actually. i watch my health and weight and its just easier in europe lol.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:43 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• In the end, does it really matter?
    Whatever God you might believe in cares whats in the heart not the outer skin.

Im sure all groups have their issues, perhaps if you went and met with other Pagans in another group or state they'd be scary skinny?

Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:46 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• i think being obese is equal to scary skinny. both are eating disorders..unfortunately the us sorta glamorized the scary skinny and demoralizes the obese.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:50 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I would think there wouldbe alot of overweight people in that religion because they aren't praying to the Christian God that gives them peace through all our circumstances.When we pray, we can be filled with the holy spirit and he gives us strength and power to overcome our weaknesses if you pray about them.I have just been praying about my weight and asking the Lord to help me to eat my vegetables..yeah,because I don't want to but the Lord gives me the strength and motivation to do it. When we pray to God he gives us the fruits of his spirit,Love,joy,peace,patience,kindness,humbleness, and self control.Jesus says; without Me,you can do nothing.
    Anonymous

• eat lots of broccoli...i love broccoli lol. you konw if you sautee asparagus with some garlic/olive oil/salt n pepper its pretty good too :-P

i rather enjoy veggies hehe. if only my daughter and husband did lol
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:57 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I'm Pagan. I'm 5 foor 3 inches and i weight about 115 pounds. And that's after years of TRYING to GAIN weight. (i used to weight 95-100). I have met a few pagans in my local area. ...And i've only ran into one who was more on the overweight side.

But as others have said. USA people as a country are FAT. My brother came home from China after 2 years there and we were in the supermarket shopping and finally he asks me why everyone here is fat. lol. (he's Pagan btw).
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:57 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• haha thats funny.

if you look at other countries...they eat a lot more veggies than we do. its common to see dinners with just unhealthy starch's , unhealthy fats and protein here...and thats it. instead of healthy fats, healthy carbs, vegetables and protein. our diets are very unbalanced here.

every meal should have a healthy carb, protein ..and healthy proteins and healthy sugar thrown in. healthy sugars being fruits etc.

but not many americans eat like that. most wont ven try it. but they complain they are fat. lack of willpower.

OH WELL.......cant make someone eat healthy unless they really want to. unless their your kids...then its not their choice lol
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:59 PM on Jul. 13, 2009