I found lots of little worms in my puppies water...

I put some water outside for him when he plays he can drink. But I saw lots of worms in it. It made me really worry. Can those worms go in his mouth and cause problem for him? (Worms are on the bottom of the water bowl).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Pets

• Dump the water out and move the bowl inside.
    Keep an eye on his poop and see if there are any worms in it as well.
    Cherrie522

Answer by Cherrie522 at 1:46 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• might be mosquito larva.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 1:50 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I agree with pagirl71. Just make sure to dump the water every day and put fresh water.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 1:56 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• it was probably some kind of insect larva...but idk if they will or wont cause ur puupy trouble i would go and buy a wormer that cover a lot of different types of worms and give it to him just to be safe and dump his water every day and give him fresh
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 5:04 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Yeah, definately keep a check on his stools. I also agree with pagirl71. You need to get him on a good heartworm preventative like Heartgard. This is a very deadly disease that comes from Mosquitos. Good Luck
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 5:05 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I agree with the others... sounds like mosquito larva

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:29 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• idk where you live but here in nc this is a frequent problem. sounds like mosquitoes. their larva can live in a thimble of water. unless you want to get eaten alive by nasty bloodsuckers or risk your puppy getting a mosquito-carried disease id advise you either not let the water get stagnant or water your puppy inside.
    brittneyndanika

Answer by brittneyndanika at 2:37 AM on Jul. 14, 2009