What to do in Vegas (besides gamble)?

Can you recommend anything? Also any hotel recommendations?

TIA

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• There are many, many shows. Riviera has afree classic car show, Madame Toussauds wax museum at the Venetian is awesome if you like that kind of thing. At night there are water shos at Caesars, the Mirage, pirate show at Treasure Island- all free. The Palms used to have a huge aquarium and bird santuary. The Excaliber has the best show if you're bring kids Tournament of Kings, The roller Coaster at the New York New York is hair raising, Stratospere is so scary I've only done it once. Lots and lots of stuff Heres a link I found:

http://www.vegas.com/attractions/freeattractions.html

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:03 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas LOL have fun good luck

Anonymous

• not really anything unless you just go to the shows at the casinos
    ilive here and there really isnt much to do besides drink and gamble
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:58 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I spend several days at The Rio & didn't gamble once. I was at a conference so I didn't have all day to just hang out but during my free time, I watched the floor shows & shopped & just walked around & enjoyed myself. There are tons of shows in the hotels--some are free & some you will pay a huge amount to see. Just walking the strip can be entertainment! There are some amazing stores as well--everything from M & M World to 5th Avenue designers.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 2:04 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• My husband and I went to vegas to celebrate our anniversary. We do not gamble. We went to several shows--Zumanity, a magic show. I can't remember which magic show it was but it was good. There are several ones. But the reports are all good for all the them. We stayed at the MGM. It was okay. I would have liked something a little bit more relaxing. But the pool was great. We found a really good deal for air and hotel online at redtagvacations.com. Also, we took one whole day and went to the Grand Canyon. We had a helicopter ride, picnic, boat ride, and they picked us up and brought us back to the motel. It was a really nice time and we didn't gamble at all.
    momof4inalaska

Answer by momof4inalaska at 2:05 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• eeek didn't spell check..lol should read Stratosphere among others things. As for hotels..that is all about your pocketbook. I would like to stay mid strip sometimes but usually we stay at the Luxor. There is a tram that runs between the Mandalay Bay (best buffet btw) to the Luxor to the Excaliber. Don't miss the Freemont Street Experience at night too.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:06 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• If you are taking the kids they would like circus circus. The stratosphere hotel has rollercoasters on the top of the roof...crazy. We also went to one show, we got free tickets from a timeshare presentation. The venetian has gondola rides and treasure island has a free pirste show outside.Buffets, buffets, buffets!
    Kaismommy82

Answer by Kaismommy82 at 2:16 PM on Jul. 13, 2009