How is my eating so far today?

Breakfast- yogurt & cup of coffee with splenda and FF cream
Lunch- Peach, deli ham and cheese cubes with glass of water

I am trying to cut down (not out) my carbs / sugar.
Is this okay? The yogurt probably wasn't but it is hard to find something for breakfast with low carbs unless you eat bacon & eggs and I am not that big on breakfast!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Well you should eat most of your carbs/callories for breakfast you burn most of those callories through out the day, lunch should be really small like yogurt or a salad without dressing, dinner should be full of fiber like beans and meat but breakfast should be the biggest and fullest meal of the day!! Not eating is only going to make your body store fat instead of get rid of it. Your body will shut down and hold on to everything if your not eating enough. What you should do is whatever your goal weight is times that by 10 and that should be how many callories you eat in a day. Like if 120 is your goal weight then you should be eat 1,200 callories a day in order for your body to burn callories and not shut down and store fat. Also try to get in at least 30mins of cardio a day, weather it's walking, running, dancing or jumping up and down as long as it's 30mins a day!!
    Anonymous

• Just remember that even if you're trying to lose weight, you still need to have at least 1000 calories (preferably 1200 calories) in your diet per day. This will stop your body from going into starvation mode.

For breakfast, add some fruit (frozen berries are AWESOME) to your yogurt. Yogurt is VERY good for you, but try to go for the stuff that has the least amount of sugar in it- plain is best for that, but I find it bitter, so I go with vanilla. Don't get the "fruit on the bottom" kind- it's the worst! And there have been studies showing that a woman who eats one egg a day with/for breakfast will lose more weight than a woman who doesn't, so it's something to think about. There are so many ways to eat eggs, and they're so simple and great protein, which will make you feel fuller for longer, and give you more energy.

cont...
    Anonymous

• ...cont...

Drink more water if you can. Drink half of your body's weight in ounces of water per day for max results (aka, if you weigh 180 lbs, drink 90 oz of water). It helps clear you of toxins, and as an added bonus, you'll find your skin looks much nicer, too!

Your lunch seemed pretty good. Keep in mind that it's better to have 5 or 6 small meals per day than to have 3 large meals, so keep some good snacks on hand! Go for high fiber, which you'll get in most fruit and veggies. Also, make sure to keep good dark, leafy greens in your diet. They're full of calcium. Spinach is your friend.
    Anonymous

• (2nd anon answerer here) I don't have any clue what that 1st anon is talking about. I wouldn't listen to that. 10 times what you goal weight is? I've NEVER heard of that and I've been studying nutrition for a long while. That just seems idiotic.
    Anonymous

• First anon here I took nutrition in college and that is where I learned it, I'm a fitness trainer and I work with a nutrition expert with my clients and this is what she also suggests.
    Anonymous

• I find that hard to believe, Anon :50, considering you can't even spell "calorie" correctly.
    Anonymous