Rash from dipers but not diper rash....

Its not a regular diper rash more like hives from her dipers.... I switched from swadlers sensitive to just regular pampers swadler and my two month old daughter broke out in hive everywhere the dipers touch... I looked at the pacage and as far as I can tell it seems more the lable is different then the ingrediants but obviously something is different... Does anyone know what??? Obviously I put her back in the sensitive kind but they are hard to find sometimes and they only go to size two.. What do I do after that???

candlefire22

Asked by candlefire22 at 2:17 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• many diapers have perfumes which is most likely what she is having a reaction to. You might have to try a few different kinds of diapers or maybe even switch to cloth if you have a hard time finding the sensitive kinds
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:20 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• could be a yeast rash, try clotazolom... i dont know how to spell it, its for athletes foot though.... try that cream.... I switched from luvs to huggies, not even a day later, just a matter of hours she had a horrible rash and it was a yeast rash
    Anonymous

• my son couldn't wear luvs diapers...it was the perfumes I think...we just bought the smallest package of different diapers as possible and gave it a try...that way if he reacted it wasn't alot of money lost.Sorry...but you might have to do the same trial and error process.
    KaylasMiracle

Answer by KaylasMiracle at 2:27 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Try cloth diapers.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 2:33 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I recommend going to the pampers site and sending them an email asking for ideas. Chances are they won't be much help, but you never know! And it's possible it's not the diapers. Keep in the swaddlers sensitive then in a month try again with a different type for a day or two and see what happens.
    Anonymous

• I'd switch brands completely or go to cloth.

my girls are allergic to aloe - which is in everything baby. I used cloth with all three from birth to potty (with the odd pack of disposables for camping)
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:41 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• My DD can only wear huggies or pampers. Everything else makes her get a rash. I agree with the above to stick with what works and try something new later
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 2:42 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• My son and grandson were both allergic to Huggies. Whether it was a perfume or dye I don't know but it was a harsh lesson. We had to use benedryl cream topically to sooth some of the hives. If you aren't sure you really should talk to your Dr.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:46 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Both my kids can only wear huggies. Pampers gave my older one a rash and luvs gave them both horrible rashes. Isn't it great to have kids with sensitive butts? lol
    katskelington

Answer by katskelington at 1:01 AM on Jul. 14, 2009