• In the Spotlight:

PLEASE HELP!!!...What could be going on? TMI...sorry

Okay so my period started July 4...lasted 5 days...ended July 9...hubby and I had sex July 10 (w/o protection) ...July 12 I had a light pinkish clear discharge and then today July 13 I went to the restroom and had BRIGHT red discharge...not like menstrual fluid but BRIGHT red.

I've never had anything like this happen ever before...I've heard of implantation bleeding, but can you really get pregnant RIGHT after your period like that? I called my doctor, but she is backed up with messages and I'm waiting for a call back.

Anyone who has had this happen? I'm really nervous...it's just so strange.

Thank you ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Health

• sometimes you just spot a little. Have you recently had a child? that can make you spot. Did he go really deep and maybe hit you which could cause spotting? you could have ovarian cycsts and not know (my doc said the ones I have are not even a concern) but if the rupture, they can cuase bleeding and sometimes pain. Just keep an eye on it. Spotting can be a sign of homormone changes, too. So your body could just be changing a little on you. The best person to help you out is your OB. I had spotting and we think it's the birth control, but she had me do an ultrasound to rule out anythign else. Also, she checked my thyroid as that can cuase spotting too. So it could be anything.
    Anonymous

• I have gotten pregnant for all of my children within 3 days of my period. It is just when I ovulate.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 2:30 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Me too.
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 2:43 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• And it's freaky because I get my period every 6 weeks and so I'm paranoid from the time my period ends until I get it again! Lol. Good luck hun. Sometimes your body just flips on you? But wait for that call, you def. want a doctor's opinion on that one.
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 2:45 PM on Jul. 13, 2009