If you lose your mucus plug how soon will labor come?

I think I lost my mucus plug yesterday. When I wiped there was a snot ball with blood streaked through it. I was also dealing with alot of diarrhea all day long yesterday. I have had some contractions but nothing regualr. I have been having pressure and cramps since yesterday but not as much today. My question is how soon after you lost your mucus plug did you give birth. Oh yea I am 34 weeks and 2 days pregnant with fraternal twin boys.

lilmamaof209

Asked by lilmamaof209 at 2:24 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• u should call ur doctor cuz there shouldnt b blood
    mjsmom09

Answer by mjsmom09 at 2:26 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• thats not true to the PP- sometimes there will be blood tinged into your plug, its normal, usually when you loose your plug its a good sign that you will go into labor within 48 hours, seeing how your pregnant with twins, I would advise you to call your OB, but don't panic, light red blood tinge is totally normal.
    If you don't go into labor, your plug will regenerate, and you will end up loosing it twice-it happend to me!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 2:29 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

well said LOL
    Anonymous

• When I was pregnant with my first it took me one week to lose it and then when it was done I went into labor. I have now been losing my mucas plug slowly for two weeks with this one. Mine has never had blood in it. I know it can but as I understand it, if it has blood streaks in it you are more likely to go into labor within 48 hours.
    Abbysmommy321

Answer by Abbysmommy321 at 2:36 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I lost mine on a thursday night (2004) and he was born Saturday, so almost exactly 48 hrs later. Definatley call your Doc and let them know. Good luck!!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 2:40 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• The combination of the "bloody show" and the diarrhea makes me thing that labor is close..however that does not mean that it will be today, could be a couple of days maybe even a week. The mucus plug itself isn't an indication of labor starting soon, the combination of things could mean that it will be soon. I see that you are only 34 weeks 2 days so i would keep a close eye on things if i were you.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 2:49 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I lost mine about 2 and a half weeks before she was born. *sigh* I thought it meant she was coming that night lol. Nope!
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 2:50 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• your plug can grow back
    but since you are pregnant with twins id just go ahead and call your dr just to see what they would like you to do ... congrats and good luck
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:59 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• My sister lost her plug and 2 weeks later, still hadn't gone into labor and had to be induced.

I never noticed losing mine and my water broke in my sleep one night. Every woman is very different.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:45 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I lost mine during labor.
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 6:31 PM on Jul. 13, 2009