has anyone taken a one month old on vacation and stayed in a hotel room? is it recommended or highly not?? it would be a 3 hour car ride and then we would stay over night.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The car ride shouldn't be a problem at all! he/she will most likely sleep the whole way. as for the hotel room, do you have a humidifyer? if so take that with you. it will help clean the air in the room and make it a little easier and safer for the lo. if it were me...i would take an old blanket with me to sit the pack and play on......even though its off the floor.......this would just help prevent anything unneccesary. make sure to take your own blankets for the lo to lay on on the beds and things......everything should be just fine.
    Anonymous

• we just went on vacation with my 3 month old...the car ride is not the problem we drove 5hrs each way...We did take his blankets to put over the provided sheets and blankets for extra precaution though...the humidifier is also a thought...your baby will be fine though
    Aerbennett

Answer by Aerbennett at 2:37 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I did with my oldest when she was a bitty baby.

personally I think its way EASIER with a really young one than an older baby.

good luck and have fun!
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:40 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Our child was actually only 2 weeks old when we needed to go to a leadership retreat for my students and we stayed in the hotel room. One thing I will say - the hotel "crib" was a pack and play and they didn't have a mattress in it. I wasn't comfortable putting the baby at the bottom of it especially since with having a c-section I'm not bending too well. Fortunately we brought with us the changing pad from his changing table, and I put that in the middle and on top of the other bed in the room and fastened him in for the night. If you can, bring your own pack and play or bassinette for the baby to sleep in, the "crib" is not worth it....
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 3:11 PM on Jul. 13, 2009