Washing car seat covers....... One of the jobs I hate the most!! How about you?

I am in the process of breaking down and washing four car seats and I so dislike washing them. Taking them apart is a pain in the butt. So how often do you wash the covers and is it on your list of despised chores? I wish that they could make a cover that was easily removable without having to take apart all of the hardware on the seat. I appreciate their safety and will never take them foregranted but it truly is a full day job.

Melbornj

Asked by Melbornj at 2:45 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• OMG don't remind me I have to do that today! UGH I have two to wash and they are a pain to get out of the car then off the carseat then back on the car seat and back in the car! OMG I'm already stressed, LOL. What a day for me it is!!
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 2:47 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Yep, its like a puzzle to get them back together.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 2:47 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• :/
    I dunno... I actually don't mind washing my car seat covers. They're not that bad - pretty damn easy, if I say so myself. xD!
    I do it once every 2 weeks to a month, just depending.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 2:48 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Ughhh I can't stand it! I also hate washing the walker seat, the swing seat, the jumperoo seat...guh.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:51 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• They do make seats with easily removed covers - something I discovered AFTER I'd bought mine. Like you, I have to uninstall the seat and disassemble the harness to get the cover off. I've seen some that can have the cover removed whild still installed in the car, harness and all!

Whenever a new mom is asking what to look for in a car seat, I stress that an easy to remove cover is a wonderful thing - diaper blowouts give way to potty training accidents which give way to spilled drinks and food. I will be keeping that in mind when she outgrows her current seat.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:51 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• gee thanks.....thats one thing I've been avoiding.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:25 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• i hate cleaning out the fridge.
    dottief13

Answer by dottief13 at 7:39 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• typically you should not wash the covers as they come with a flame retardant coating that washes off. some seats to do allow it however, just read the manual.
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 8:31 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I do it only when it gets something spilled on it.
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 9:26 PM on Jul. 13, 2009