Do people tell you you project a different "vibe" than you think you do?

Everyone has always told me how proper and polite I am to strangers and in public. I always just saw it as being shy LOL.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 2:49 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Haha. YES!
    My husband and a lot of my friends are always telling me how "unapproachable" I seem.
    Especially my friends now, they said they had a hard time even talking to me the first few times because I seemed so aloof and bitchy. Heh...
    And then they got to know the real me... and I'm still bitchy! But they're surprised how I'm more than that.... Wait, is this an insult? >:[ !!!!
    But anywho... yes. They said I'm very aloof, bitchy, and kind of haughty.
    Unless they're sweet old people, or young kids, then I'm super sweet. *shrugs*
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 2:54 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I am apparently very intimidating at first. I thought this was ridiculous because I am 5 ft tall and just a little chubby. By no means am I physically intimidating. I always thought I came across as more helpful than intimidating, but not according to a handful of my co workers and some of my husband's friends.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 3:04 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• i have also been told that i am intimidating, and at 5' 1", and chunky monkey, thats kinda hard to believe, lol
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 3:24 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I've been told I'm quiet, and unapproachable, which neither are the least bit true. I know I'm also hard to understand - I can't always articulate my thoughts into sentences because I am on a totally different wavelength. Most people find this to be the reason I'm quiet - because I say my opinion once, and don't bother to elaborate it's finer points or get involved in debates. I just get so frustrated with people too quickly to debate, though I've been told I'm really good at arguing media topics. lol.
    Kodeekins

Answer by Kodeekins at 3:34 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Yep, I see myself as a super nice and friendly person...the kind that would do anything for a loved one. I love to laugh!

But people used to see my quiet and shy side and take it as attitude or bitchiness. I met a girl who'd eyed me for months before saying hello b/c she thought I just might be a wacko. I almost cried...haha...this was high school, mind you, but I haven't done much since then so I don't have any other stories.

I would like to believe that now that I'm 25 and have some life experience, plus a new fashion sense and a new outlook on life, that I seem a little more approachable...i hope!! cause i'm job hunting and i'd hate for ppl to see me as that person ppl used to see me as!
    Elizabeth1015

Answer by Elizabeth1015 at 3:40 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I have been told that someone thought i was going to be a bitch when they met me. I don't know if its how I look or because I am quiet at first but once you get me talkin...I can't shut up...lol. Oh, and I don't do well with upity women so i don't talk to them much
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 3:44 PM on Jul. 13, 2009