What can I do to increase my sex drive?

About 8 or 10 years ago I had a full hysterectomy due to menstrual complications and cysts. I have nothing now or as my husband says I have a cave lol. I dont have a problem being open with this cause I know there must be others out there like me. I did fine in the sex department for a bit but now have absolutly no sex drive at all. I refuse to deny my husband his satisfaction because poor guy is hardly ever home due to him being over the road truck driver. But when we do have sex I am more like can we just get this over with. I miss our passionate times and he knows that it has nothing to do with how much I love him. Hell I adore him. Is there anything anyone knows of that I can try or that someone can say cause I am really feeling bad about it.

redlocks1959

Asked by redlocks1959 at 2:50 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• I used DHEA. Ask your dr first or read the articles about it to make sure you don't have some health problem that might not be compatible with it. It comes in 25 mg capsules but all I have read says you only need about 5 -10 mg a day. I sprinkle mine in my tea when I don't feel in the mood. You could take it for a few days before big daddy comes home and rock his world. Plus, remember that great sex is 85% or more mental. Fantasize about scenerios while he is gone. It'll be fun! Get a little Xena Princess Warrior outfit and some slutty boots or a whip and get him wound up when he walks in the door. Point = have fun and do new things.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:35 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Masturbate, bring yourself to orgasm as often as possible.. The more women have sex, the more they want it..
    Good luck :)
    Mad_Hexer

Answer by Mad_Hexer at 2:54 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Well my husband and I haven't been having sex lately because he's on anti-depressants and I'm on dreaded high blood pressure medicine, they both ruin our sex drives.The other day we were humping eachother standing up in the pool, my idea,he got hard which doesn't happen often,it felt so good to be close to him again and I somewhat got turned on.It felt so good to hug him and feel so light weight,since I'm chubby laying down makes me feel clumbsy,so now we are going to keep doing that until we get so turned on for sex in the bed but we have to go straight to the bed after the pool and that doesn't happen so we will have to make a extra effort if we want it.I should say we were in the deep end and he was holding on the cement while I was hugging him around the neck.Another good way to get going is to take a hot bath together and soak,with candles and sensual music.
    Anonymous

• Your post could be my own....I haven't been interested in years, and TOMORROW I go into to have a total hysterectomy too. I'm so dreading it. I have had endemetriosis for years, and it just ruins any sex life we had at all. I've asked my GYN over and over for anything to help and she's never given me a good answer yet. I honestly don't know, but if you get any real good advice, please PM me. I'll be in hospital for several days, but I really could use an answer as well.
    This is so frustrating.......
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 5:02 PM on Jul. 13, 2009