Those who believe in freedom have you read this document?

http://www.ldsresources.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/rightwing-dhs.pdf

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

• Too much to read, break it down for me!! LOL can you tell I'm an american, lazy as hell!!!
    Anonymous

• Basically, if you are a Christian who stocks up on food and supplies you are a terrorist.
    Anonymous

• I skimmed it...it's just an "official" looking document that discusses the rise in right wing extremism (white supremacists) apparently mobilizing to "take over" something or other--due to the election of Obama, the economic crisis, and illegal immigration.

Not sure what the point of posting it is? Just because I'm a conservative doesn't mean I agree with or endorse extreme views or hate groups!!! I prefer to use my energy effecting REAL change within the LEGAL scope of the law. :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:02 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• It is an incredibly brilliant propaganda piece to persuade law enforcement that all who are not liberals are dangerous wackos. (Notice that PETA and environmentalists - who accost victims on the street or destroy gas-consuming cars - are NOT mentioned.)
    1) By lumping together hate-groups with anti-big-gov't groups (folks who'd like more local control of their kids schools, who'd like lower taxes, etc.), and with groups about one issue like abortion or school vouchers, the writers manage to tar very reasonable citizens with the smear of racist violence and hate-crimes.

The incidents of dangerous violence which are highlighted have NOTHING to do with groups who want to promote school vouchers.

2) It sets a tone which can be capitalized upon to make non-liberal activism suspicious, and being politically-incorrect starts to be "right-wing extremism" ... right-wing extremism is colored as enemies of law enforcement.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 3:11 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• OMG I store food I'm a terrorist! LOL give me a break, we do it because if something like Jericho happens we want to be prepared, people who don't prepare for the impossible when something does go wrong they're the ones that end up dead. I know it sounds so far fetch, but if it's believable then it's possible. Honestly people said you can never become invisable but they did it in china, they have a show coming out soon about the impossible that has become possible. It looks cool, anyways so we've prepared for the impossible and now we're considered a terrorist!!
    Anonymous

• This document also reveals boatloads about the mind-set of the people who have now been put in power in Homeland Security.

I could understand if this were one isolated "mistake". But before this story broke (because a law enforcement man read this, was outraged, and leaked it even though it was supposed to be kept secret from the public), there was another story about a sheriff somewhere on the East Coast who briefed his team on the same warnings. When THAT story broke, there was an uproar about how dastardly the sheriff was, he had to do great public apologies, etc.

Turns out, he was only being politically correct and doing his job the way the current administration wants it done !

Read this document to learn the way the new rulers of the country view citizens' liberty. Those who support the Constitution are now the bad guys, because we won't obey these tyrants quietly.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 3:17 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Well said waldorfmom.What a bunch of garbage.This is why you have some libs on the web screaming "RIGHT WING EXTREMIST!" "HATERSSS" etc because others do not agree with them.They would not know an extremist to save their arse.In the same breath it is usually the same ones making excuses for real terrorists who are not typing on their keyboards but actually out there commiting crimes.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:45 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

•  the Department of Energy released a report in 2001 entitled "Left-Wing Extremism: The Current Threat."

Did you ladies get your panties in a bunch then??

FOX News has obtained a copy of the assessment, dated Jan. 26 and titled "Left-wing Extremists Likely to Increase Use of Cyberattacks Over the Coming Decade." It concentrates largely on the technical savvy of left-wing extremists and not bloodshed.  

These reports were started BEFORE Obama was in office....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:57 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• LOL Sweets

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 4:32 PM on Jul. 13, 2009