What's the longest your partner has given you the silent treatment for and how long? No sex, complaints of too much computer tv? Complaints of lack of helpw/housekids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:58 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• My husband can not give me the silent treatment - he's naturally very chatty. When I give him the silent treatment, it's the worst form of torture he can ever imagine. He dies a little inside with it. xD!!
    As for the other questions.. I'm not quite sure if you mean does he have those complaints, or do I... so I'll just answer for both!
    We both don't complain about the no sex department - we're both pretty randy most of the time. :P
    He used to complain I used the computer too much, and I complain he plays video games WAY too much, but it's lessened considerably since our son is now more active. And we're pretty equal with helping our son's daily duties, and with housework.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 3:01 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• 15 Minutes Tops..

We do not play that baby crap!
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 3:05 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• You don't play that baby crap?
    I think you do, if you're doing it for even 15 minutes.
    Anonymous

• Listen anon coward...

I said 15 minutes top.....and all that means is that we do not talk about the situation for
    15......

but we do not play the SILENT CRAP!!!!!

So deal with it that there are not other babies like you out there..

I love people like you....you do not get the answer you want and
    you cry all over CM!!!!!!!!!
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 3:18 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• If my DH has done something to piss me off, I will not talk to him. I need time to cool off. You can not expect a person who is angry with someone to be willing to sit down and act like everything is fine. There are times where I need more than 15 minutes and there are times where I am good with 2-3. It also depends on his attitude. It is hard to talk to someone who is angry, so better to ignore them.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 3:58 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• danee op here. thanks for clarifying to my question what you meant. I see though why 209anon took it the way she did, you didn't explain til later that you and partner walk away from a disagreement and give the topic a break before an argument starts.

I have been on the receiving end of bad lengthy silent treatments. What stopped that is I've realized the value of my own opinons in our relatiionship instead of letting him think his word decides. When a touchy topic of whatever at that point needs to be discussed I just say firmly what's on my mind and walk away. My husband thinks his job is ultraimportant and he brings home his ego a lot. When that's left at work there's more getting alone in our home.
    Anonymous

• op again "When my husband's ego is left at work there are a lot more times that we get along
    with each other in our home" is what I was trying to say in my last sentence at 259. sorry for mistype.
    Anonymous

• never.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 4:19 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• 6 mos

Answer by admckenzie at 4:29 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• in loveJust enough for things to blow over we don't stay mad for long.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:35 PM on Jul. 13, 2009